Day 4

It was me! I was the one who had the birthday! (Incidentally, this is Mr. Layden who is writing these blog posts) And it was a pretty awesome birthday. I mean, I got to spend it at Universal Studios, one of the greatest amusement parks out there! The people I was were with okay, too, I suppose. And I told the kiddos this, I think I was told “happy birthday” more times today than all my other birthdays combined ... and that’s nothing against all my other birthdays!

The day started out pretty rainy. As we were walking into the parks, the clouds decided that would be a good time to let loose, and it rained off and on again for the rest of the morning. Luckily, the Boosters had provided some rain panchos, so people were able to stay relatively dry. After lunch, though, everything cleared up and it turned into a beautiful day. Perhaps a little on the chilly side once the sun went down. Even when I’m typing this at 12:30 in the morning, it’s 55 degrees. So cold! (Note: I also know that Des Moines is 33 degrees when I’m typing this, so I understand that you as a reader are probably annoyed at me for complaining about Florida weather).

The entire group had lunch together at the Hard Rock Cafe on Universal’s campus, which is where the ‘table photos’ are from. Even though we spent a lot of time together on a bus, it was good to be together as a group and socialize during the day with little pressure to get to the next place ... unless that next place was a ride! I know that I was able to fit 11 or 12 rides in today, which I happen to think is pretty impressive. The fast pass was money well spent!

We ended the day with a performance by the Blue Man Group. If you’re not familiar with them, they are a musical and variety comedy act. Their claim to fame (aside from the fact that they’re blue) is playing percussion on pvc pipe-like instruments, but there was a good amount of sheer entertainment stuff in amongst there musical performances. And, of course, I had to take a photo with one of them!

Overall, today was a great day. Good rides, good people, and good times. Tomorrow we hit up Kennedy Space Center, Cocoa Beach, and then we start the journey home. Crazy!












Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Soon!

The Grind

We’re Off!